Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An art-filled day

I know these last few posts haven't really been about fashion, but I go back and forth. I have a passion for both and it's what I do best. So last Wednesday my Art class and I took a trip down to the Vancouver art Gallery and saw the abstract exhibit. It was marvelous, all of the urban art work and sculptures, the magnificent bright pigments of the colours, the animations, everything was spectacular. After the Art gallery, we went to Granville Island where we had lunch at the market, I had some very good sushi...We went into Kroma where the owner explained how they mix their pigments and what paint is essentially made of(rare gem stones!..but now a days it's all chemically made)And after that we met an artist who does mainly sculpture out of all wood, and then paints his pieces with a metallic finish(some of his art work is below).It was a fantastic day.




No comments: